View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 10:39 AM   #214
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Speaking from experience, get the car together and enjoy it as is. He?ll have it wrapped so it looks presentable and then do what you want when home ownership sets in. I can also tell you, Jone ownership demands time too, so doing what you want will take longer.
I actually had the windows removed back in 2012 or 2013 because I wanted to deter myself from taking the "easy" way out with the wraps that were getting popular. Back then whole cars were done for like $1500-2500 and I got quotes for paint at like $7,000. Today those numbers are almost double.

Rather than have my car torn apart any longer, it'll get put back together with just matching emerald blue paint on the S15 front end and the roof (went from shitty flip up sunroof to sheet metal welded in). I want to drive it so bad.

I know home ownership will detract from my project cars. There was a house that met my stringent criteria back in October 2021. I literally would have had it if I had just signed the offer. My dad talked me out of it because he had just closed on a half million dollar rancher and expected me to do the same (pay more and get a finished house that doesnt need work).
I regret not buying that house. I could have just signed a few checks and had whatever work done before moving in.

R E G E R T S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Man, that shit continued...asshole stops and yells "Aww man, you SOLD it!? You shoulda told ME!"
When I used to work for my dad, I'd alternate between the S14 and Subie. I had so many love letters left on the cars. I'm now finding the same letters at my house ( 1 mile away from the business ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I think this is one thing I?m paranoid about when my car is finally back together. Dude?s wanting to own the car, finding where I live and attempting to own it by other means. I?ll be adding some tricks to the ignition sequence as to deter thieves. The nice thing is, it?ll be locked up in a garage too when it is at my house.

That won?t prevent someone from trying to steal it when I?m out with it though. It?s almost like o can?t even enjoy going to shows with it because I?ll have to post up by it the entire time. My buddy had someone try to steal his Supra one evening when he was driving it. They forced him off to the shoulder and pulled a gun. Needless to say, he left in a cloud of smoke.
I've been trying to find a house for over 2 years, but I'm at a point where the extended driveway ( at my moms house) will need to be extended into the backyard and the cars hidden back there. Even with the street parked cars disabled and tracked, it won't stop a tow truck.
We also have had some hoodlums try the doors on every car on my street.

Sad that people can't leave our shit alone.

They're killing people over white toyotas in my city. Literal basic ass npc cars.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the export business of buying completely wrecked cars stateside (like toyota camrys, rav4s, bullshit npc cars), rebuilding them and sending them over to eastern europe. They wash the rebuilt titles somehow and rollback the odometers.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote