View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 04:19 PM   #108
Doriftomodachi
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Doriftomodachi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
In 1997, if I walk up to a Nissan dealership and order the full optional aero package, do they tell me I"m getting "zenki" side skirts?
If it's a dealership in the United States the dealer won't know what the hell you are talking about.

Quote:
The analogy with taillights is not accurate- you cannot buy a Zenki from the factory with kouki taillights. The kouki tail lights ONLY come from kouki s14's; they *fit* on any s14, but they COME from only one source.
Read what you wrote. You are correct that you cannot buy a zenki model with kouki tail lights. I never said that you can. That is why zenki tail lights and kouki tail lights are called what they are and my analogy is spot on.

Quote:
If I walk into a Japanese junk yard and find a junked s14 kouki with the FULL AERO PACKAGE, and I remove the sideskirts, am I holding KOUKI sideskirts? am I holding ZENKI side skirts?

No sir
You are buying side skirts that were designed BEFORE the kouki came out. You are buying early model side skirts (interesting, what's the word for early model...zenki???) and NOT the newer design side skirts (um...kouki?)

Quote:
I am holding s14 optional aero side skirts designed BEFORE the kouki.
Yes you are holding the s14 optional aero side skirts designed BEFORE the kouki, ie. ZENKI side skirts...What a concept! ZENKI SIDE SKIRTS !

Quote:
Why is it so important for you to "claim" them as if they are some sort of exclusive item for the zenki?
I never "claimed" anything. I just said that I call them ZENKI side skirts. You can whine about it all you want. There is no FORMAL name for them. Here's a clue:THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY. I will always call them zenki side skirts.

Besides, i think it makes it easier to understand what skirts I am talking about.

Oops this is my other sn. I had better change my signature picture before I get "pwned" :ghey:
Doriftomodachi is offline   Reply With Quote