View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #302
alexisthemovie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
alexisthemovie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alexisthemovie
Dang, it's been a long while since I've posted here...

Well this year has been super busy for me so far. We launched our new wheel line called Arcane Wheels focusing on the 14-18" 3-piece market which I can say not many other companies in America cater to.

This five spoke design is called Arcane Streetwalker.

My specs: 18x9.5 ET -32 front, 18x12 ET -33 rear

After that, I went traveling overseas for almost a month.

Bali

Nusa Ceningan

Then back to work in May, we moved to a shop closer to my house in Whittier...

I had signed up for a spot at WekFest Long Beach months prior, but never actually intended to finish my car. It was like a soft target that I had hoped to achieve, however I didn't actually try to get the car done until my friends were prodding me just a few days prior to WekFest.

I got the wonderful Hung Pham to help me with wiring, which was the biggest roadblock. Needless to say... that wasn't enough time and I ended up not making it. No matter... after that I wasn't in a rush any more.

This is what the car looked like the night before WekFest a few weeks ago. Keep in mind it hasn't been washed since I got it back from the body shop and that was something like 8 months ago.

Random pictures of my daily driver

Random photos of work we do...

Back to the car... first sign of life in 5 years for this thing.

Finally... last night we got the thing started. First, the new battery was out of juice due to all of the testing we've been doing these past few weeks. A few other things were giving us issues. I bought a gas container last night and was able to get 2 gallons of new fuel in there, however there still remains some "fumes" from the leftover 5 year old gas inside the tank so I'm going to have to mix in more good gas next time.

It got all new fluids all around. Motul in the Nismo 2-way and transmission, oil in the engine, and coolant in the radiator.

Here is the startup video.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

So what's left?
I need to figure out why I'm having a height variance in the front suspension. Headlights need to be wired in, passenger seat installed (need to figure out a way to sit these damn seats lower). A friend suggested that I flip the buddy club brackets upside down so maybe I'll try that.

I also need some new door panels if anyone has any. Mainly need the window switches...

Anyways if you want to closely follow the build, I post more often on my instagram page (@alexisthemovie) and facebook (fb.com/alexz).

Last edited by alexisthemovie; 06-26-2014 at 04:03 PM..
alexisthemovie is offline   Reply With Quote