View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #129
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 90 DGRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Whoever loaded the car put that shit way to forwards onthe trailer if your having frame cracking issues at the "A".

When I used it, I was really cautious about where i placed the Supra. far enough back so the wieght is nuetral over the trailer wheels. then move it forwards a little so when you hit bumps on the road, the weight doesn't totally lift off the hitch.

looks like Devin gets to do some more welding
that's EXACTLY what i said. There's no way it should have any "metal cracking" issues,(no rust in the area either) if the weight of the car is evenly distributed over the tandem axles. It just seems like the car was loaded too far up, putting too much tongue weight on the damn thing. Devin says he loaded it in the middle, though.

The shitty part is, a new A-frame coupler is only 25 bucks!!! but labor is approximately 400 bucks. (a price me and devin together cannot afford at the moment) Going tonight to a friend's exhaust shop to weld plates and a square hardened tube over the top where the stress marks are present in an effort to salvage this...and still i'm not sure how legit that would be.

sigh.