View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #33
Etikoner
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Etikoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu_born View Post
I was reading about these on the forum a couple days ago; got hung up on the "One way adjustable, 30-click spectrum" bit. How does that work exactly? I always thought 15, 30, whatever-way adjustable was the amount of adjustment the knob at the top of the damper had? Maybe some of my noob is showing still, but I am confuse...

At any rate, they seem pretty legit and priced relatively competitively for what they offer - what with all the custom valving and the like.
Most OTS coilovers kit companies incorrectly market their dampers as "30 way adjustable" when in reality the most adjustability that even high end $1000 per corner shocks only have 3-way adjustable damping; rebound, low speed and high speed compression

The only thing that the entry level coilovers can adjust is rebound speed, and that usually means the "stiffer" it's set at the stronger (slower) the rebound on it works..

It makes people swear that the stiffest setting is the best but it just really makes the car feel more planted but at the expense of maximum tire grip.

I've been reading up on Feal but I wonder if they provide each buyer with a shock dyno for every shock they sell.

Also worth noting that a lot of adjusters really don't work as noted and one shock set to full stiff is probably going to be softer than another shock not yet at the full stiff setting.
As in say my right rear damper is set at 15 clicks and the rebound isn't as strong as my left rear damper which might be set to 12 clicks.

Which is why I think all those "performance" suspension systems that advertise "more adjustablility" usually means vague as hell handling and dampers that aren't really matched. Which is usually due to a factory with no quality control and workers just assembling your damper haphazardly with shim stacks in the wrong order, so-on.

Also swift springs really are the best springs money can buy..

Read this; http://m.northamericanmotoring.com/f...d.php?t=157535
Etikoner is offline   Reply With Quote