Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
The guide coat was probably more of a PITA than actually sanding and prepping for primer. You had to sand a certain way otherwise you get high and low spots from the pressure of your fingers. That and getting into all the tiny areas to make it completely smooth sucked.

I don't have any pictures of the entire bay completely sanded without seam sealer, but you get the idea...

And with the tape removed. When Toby said that this stuff sets up fast it was an understatement. I literally finished the driver's side and it was already setting up and becoming difficult to remove the tape. Luckily I didn't leave it all night like he did. It was off within 30mins of applying the sealer.

I finished seam sealing at about 12am, had the car on the trailer by 1am and at my shop by 2am. I didn't want the car sitting outside in the dewy air so I moved some trucks around at the shop to get it in there. I had an appointment at 7am to drop the car off for paint so it was a huge push to get it ready by then. I dropped the car off and 6hrs later I brought it home, painted and cleared. The guy I used does amazing paint work, I couldn't be happier how it turned out.

Don't go anywhere, there is still more...