View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 06:25 PM   #649
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I'd get 1300cc or larger injectors. You'll max the 1000's out on E85 around mid 500's. Sr20det timing equip will work fine. Make sure you have the proper spacer for the crank pulley.

A twin scroll setup would be the way to go if starting from scratch. If you have a single scroll manifold already, look at the EFR series turbos. The GTX turbos are good as well, if you are sticking around the 500whp mark. Some complain about the response of the 3076R, but this is a great turbo for strong mid range and top end. You'll suffer some spool over an EFR of similar size though. A GTX3576R spools like a 3076r but flows like a 35R.

I recommend a Haltech unit. Designed around Factory Nissan sensors, which means less sensors needed for install. There is also no need for CAS modifications or additional trigger wheels or sensors, you get full 360* of resolution.

I think you have quite a few unnecessary things. Port and polish and combustion chamber machining are not needed, especially with your power goals. I have a stock head, upgraded valve springs and make 485whp on 19-20psi.

JE DET pistons in the 8.5:1 ratio will net you higher static comp than the VE pistons. They are also cheaper.
Thank you alot for the information. I do plan on running a twin scroll setup, sorry for not metioning earlier and I'll deffitnitly look into/ consider the gtx35. First time building something to this caliber, want to be safe. Do you think springs are necessary on a P12 head for my power goals? Assuming their supertech det springs that you use.
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote