View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 03:40 PM   #192
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Good to know I'm not the only old guy driving around in my shitbox feeling all nostalgic.
Story time: I remember watching the old Option D1 Videos on DVD and I always wanted a rad S13. My parents ended up buying me a red 1989 240x hatchback for around $3500 in 2002. Riced it out and did all sorts of stupid shit to it.

Ended up getting hit in the rear quarter and insurance totaled it out for $3400 or something. Bought it back from insurance for $700 and drove it around for a while longer. I sold it to a friend around 2006 for $1000. Still ran fine and he drove it for a few years, until getting t-boned and he ended up getting paid out $3000 from insurance. I think one of the doors from that car is still out in the wild.

That allowed me to rebuild my 1987 RX-7 TII, Tein d-spec coilovers, cusco strut bars, rebuilt 13bt with hybrid turbo, 720cc RC inj, Rtek ecu, full racing beat 3" to duals, etc. I totally regret selling that one, kind of needed the money but not really, but with a new kid I didn't have a lot of time for it. Ended up selling it in 2013 for $3300 bucks. Uhg.

But in 2017, one $500 SR20DET, and a $1500 S13 shell, I ended up with the car I always wanted as a 20 something.. Yea, I'm a bit older, but it makes me smile and I feel like a kid when I drive it. I enjoy it because it's not super clean, it's got shitty paint, some dents, but, it's light, nimble, it's got good power, and I'm not afraid to beat on it. Working on it gives me some time to step away from work/family/life and any other bullshit and clear my head a bit. As I continue to get older, I hope to keep fixing the small things and cleaning it up, but I'm going to keep it and drive it. I've had one guy beg me to sell it. I will not. A friend asked what I would take for it, "It's not for sale."

Here's the story of the $500 SR20DET.