View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
second chance two-tone

Hey there Zilvia, so two years ago while I was working for a go-kart shop that was basically on a mountain top I'd take different routes to work every couple days. One day I spotted this two-tone coupe sitting under a tree. With it covered in green moss and passing by so fast I thought it was a green two-tone originally! It wasn't posted for sale and initially the owner wasn't willing to sell it. It had been off the road for 5 years since reverse no longer worked. After a couple months of stopping by randomly I made him an offer and he accepted. I could have gotten it for less but after selling the pop up front, engine and trans I had $350 in the car. So I'm happy with the deal. I'm currently a full time student who pays for this with livery designs, cutting decals and vinyl wrapping (Shorty's Designs). So progress has been slow and within my own means. I'm an OCD perfectionist so I'm doing my best to rebuild this car to a clean better than showroom state with my own style thrown in. Thanks for checking it out!

A quick power wash cleaned up the mess some.

Started to strip out the disgusting and moldy interior.

I picked up a white hatch for it's black interior bits, manual mirrors/windows and 5-speed. I decided to wrap the interior panels I'm sure it's not everyone's taste but I like it.

When I get some more free time I'll post up the remaining pics from fixing one of the dumber things I've seen done to a car in an attempt to fix a problem. New front tubs, dropping the suspension pieces and wheels.

Last edited by snorkelcoupe; 06-26-2017 at 03:39 PM..
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links