View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
What happens when you snap off the bolt inside the frame rail's 'weldnut' for the tension rod bracket?
1st try a screw.
2nd realize that doesn't work well.
3rd torch out the weldnut and the side of the frame rail to install a bolt and nut.

The results are in . . .

I cut an access hole, ordered the proper size nut and made a flat plate for my roommate to tig weld. The nut and bolt were loose resulting in the driver-side tension rod bracket and lower arm mounts to be mutilated from the amount of movement. The nut and bolt worked their way through the frame completely till it was basically just a bolt hanging from the tension rod bracket. I cut out the cancer on the lower side and welded in a fresh piece.

It's not beautiful but it'll do the job, I still need to clean the welds up on the outer plate of the frame rail. The welder I was using was not the best and kept having grounding and feed issues.

I pulled the single slammer out with the help of my buddy Matt, to sell to the local short track racers.

So the battery tray area had some rust.. so cut it out right?

I'll be back again to post more saved pictures, thanks.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote