View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 09:44 PM   #24
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Around last Julyr my friends and I rolled the car outside to start blocking the car and marked out all the dents as well. The poor car is littered with them.

A reminder of how disgusting and dirty this car was when I found it.

The donor car I got the trans from had a little mishap and the timing chain guides wedged up with the timing chain. Resulting in oil being all over the place not to mention years of the normal grime. So my friend and I got to cleaning.

August rolled around and I found a deal on a Silvia front I couldn't pass up. The front included OEM metal fenders. They had a ridiculous thin layer of plastidip sprayed on them. I ended up spraying a couple coats of plastidip in order to remove the original layer. It worked pretty well except for on the top halves of the fenders. WD40 did the trick to remove what was left over.

These trips and the bumper are for sale btw!! Check the VA FS posts.

One of our kittens helping out.

Quick test fit of the Advan Onis on the front. Ft. our bipolar tabby. Also the reason I keep the roof covered... the cats love sitting up there.

September, I picked up a Bride Artis 1.2 as well for a good price. The bottom of it still needs to be re-glassed.

Stripped it all down to clean the fabric and add new foam.

I just need to get a headpad for it and it'll be good to go...

I was able to meet Koguchi at the Quickstyle event and we exchanged stickers. I cut him a Koguchi Power sticker I had drawn up for a work project. It's awesome he posted a picture of it on his IG account!

My friend Josh decided to ruin my bay harness with me..

Cleaned up what I guess is the OEM doughnut.

We did a quick test fit of the dash to line up the fuse boxes with the glove box and see how much space was available.

Replaced the upper control arms on my dad's truck and test fitted the wheels he should be running! 15x10 AR blades.

Cleaned up the steering firewall boot with a repaint and new seal. Also painted the steering shaft while I was at it.

So in October I ordered the aero for my car through Mastermind NA. They were super helpful and professional. The parts finally arrived last Wednesday.

TBO front bumper and their rear spoiler. Neither one was fitted properly for the pictures. Just simple mock up. Also the first time I've had the Onis on the car front and rear.

I'm really motivated to move forward and finish up the work that needs to be done. Maybe this will be updated in another 6 months..
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote