View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 03:44 PM   #51
sandcrawler

Trader Rating: (0)
sandcrawler is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGSDann
My friend has a 93' Impreza L, Front Wheel Drive. I believe it was only an option 'til 94' in which it became standard. The engine is still mounted in a RWD fashion but only drives the front. Go figure. Do your homework before you make false statements S14DB
I'm not sure what you mean by engines being mounted in a "RWD fashion" in a subaru. those are boxer engines, horizontally opposed, not inline or in a V configuration like most cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
are you guys talking about transverse engine mounting? Who cares which way the engine is positioned. On the race track, the Subaru's have a much harder time rotating cause the rear end is too "tight" . The EVO acts more like a RWD as you can pitch is sideways on a corner exit more easily. There are Subaru guys, then there are EVO guys. Then there are guys who hate both Mitsubishi and Subaru but still want to race, and they pick the EVO. These are the guys who's opinion matters.
EVOs remain popular in japan because of the ADC and AYC controllers, which are not in the US version of the car. Those assists devices are the only reason why you'd want to buy the EVO over an Impreza. The Impreza has some understeering issues out of the factory, but you can easily upgrade the suspension.

As for the WRC cars, didn't Mitsubishi rank dead last this year? Lowest scoring team, lowest scoring car-- beaten by Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Subaru, and Hyundai.