Thread: S13/S14 to 350Z
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #22
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Biggest gripe from people I know who owns 350/370Z is the cost of parts. Atleast double what it cost for S-chassis.
Yeah but thats given when you're dealing with a V-motor, you have 2 of everything... usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I totally agree about the rear-end (Hell, the drivetrain in general) not being ideal for drifting or putting tons of power/torque to the ground. But there are remedies for that.

Its a way more fascinating motor than most give it credit for. I mean, it's not bulletproof, but there are alot of examples out there showing that it's much stronger than you'd expect from Honda. I mean, everybody knows that 240hp from a 2.0 is special, but I don't think anyone knew exactly how special it was until they started throwing more boost at it. Like I said earlier: it murders the VQ35 under boost. The HR needs 1.5L more to keep up. The DE's can forget about it.
The S2000 differential internals are identical to the 1.8L Miata, so whoever makes lots of power with either of those cars inevitably will have rear-end issues: broken axles and damaged diffs. I dunno, I think in stock form the S2000 is very balanced... any upgrades should be done with lots of care and consideration.

I'll say one thing about the 370/G37 - the 3.7L motor really screams. Makes the 3.5L look like junk in comparison. But all in all, these are totally different types of cars. The Z is a very mass produced car. I dont think I can say the same for the S2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 240.. No id View Post
I wish they were like a s2k's and were all made manual, if they where then now they will have value and be unique.
The Z is not that type of car. The S2000 is a sports car. The Z is too, but its more of a Grand Tourer. In some ways, its no different than the Mustang (with exception to the GT500).

Its kinda funny, after taking apart my buddies S30 240Z a few months back... I was surprised to see that the 240SX has more in common with the 240Z than the Z32 300ZX.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote