Thread: S13/S14 to 350Z
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #25
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Shhh... just let him think what he wants. Yeah, S2000's CAN'T be drifted...

I'm also not a fan of its lack of torque in stock form, but what that motor is capable of when turbo'd is nothing short of amazing to me. That is one crazy flowing head. Smokes even a SR20VET VVL, I think, in terms of flow.

Dude, this is already happening. The Z33 is already becoming the cheap weapon of choice for drifters. Grab a 2003, get coilovers, Welded diff, straight pipe. Boom. Ready to go. No expensive mods like engine swaps are needed. The broad powerband takes all the work out of building an amatuer drift car, so the lazy asses are flocking to it for the relative simplicity.
Honda heads flow extremely well, hell even the 4G63 and 4B11 heads flow better than the VVL heads. This is because of the valve angle. S2K heads have their valves almost vertical in the head, which is great for flow.

I know "some" have moved on, I'm hoping all the new fucking retards that have come to the scene will in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
honda is not known for over-engineering their cars. what i mean is, they're engineered to support what they make (unlike toyota, for example)

i may be wrong here (though i doubt it), but the rear-end in the s2000 (7" ring gear) cant handle too much power and the high-compression isnt exactly turbo friendly. i would think if you start boosting, you're going to need internals and stronger drivetrain...

going NA -> turbo isnt a walk in the park. do it wrong and your car can easily become a garbage can...... you know, like most of the builds here.
AP1 S2K rear ends are glass. I've seen a few people blow them. The AP2 seems to be a bit stronger, but not by a large margin. I believe a common swap is to an RX7 rear end, but I'm not sure what all is involved with that.

The nice thing is their motors are fully forged from the factory. Good looking cars, I'm not generally a vert fan, but the Spoon or OE hardtop change the game quite a bit.