View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 12:00 PM   #7
240msh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
step 1, check for vacuum leaks.
step 2, repeat step 1 cuz it sounds like you have a vacuum leak.
no leaks, ive checked 1000 times, swapped through intercoolers and pipping, gaskets, iacv's everything no signs of any leaks. hookd up a compressor with a gauge to intake no sounds of any air leaking through either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Hah.

Well here is what i recommend if you don't wana hook up the coolant
Install a ball valve (yes from home depot) between the IACV and the cold pipe.
then simply regulate the idle down as low as you want... Assuming there are no vacuum leaks.

Remember that airflow = idle speed.
So if you have high idle speed its getting too much airflow.
It can be getting in say, behind the intake manifold or something.
So do a pressure test is what I am saying. then add the ball valve if necessary I guess.
I got the idea of the home depot ball valve from my father who installed one on his sr20 without me knowing.
I started it cold and it idled low and smooth, whereas they usually rocket up in idle speed when you first start "cold" (florida 80*F)
I was like oh shit something is wrong! but then I saw the home depot part and /facepalm but you know what, it fuckin works!
that's interesting lol, if I cant find any other fix ill def give it a shot cause this is super annoying lmao