View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #148
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie
Can someone tell me if the AIM gauge can read off our ECU's or do you have to have an AEM to run it? I was looking at their website and it looks like they have one that will plug into the AEM system but what if you like the MAF setup but want all the details this gauge setup has to offer?

Scott
We're working on this right now. Currently, the AIM does not read from the factory ECU, but we have forwarded the nissan protocol to AIM and hopefully they will be able to do something with it. If they do it will be able to interface with any nissan with a consult port pretty much.

You don't have to have an AEM or any other standalone for that matter. The thing that's nice about having an ECU that the AIM will interface with is that fact that you won't need to run extra sensors for the dash.

The AIM can be a standalone display/data acquisition system. You just need to run sensors for whatever you want it to monitor.

Smelly, the unit Gavster has is the Mychron3 Plus. Get in touch with me if you want a good price on one of the MXL series units. We just did a group buy for them on here and along with Gavster there's a few other people getting them. I can't wait to see them in people's cars.

Tim
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote