View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 08:50 PM   #6
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by LanceS13
Nope.

Street Modified
18.1.C.
Section 15.6 (Prepared Category, Brakes) applies, except for subsection 15.6.H.

Guess what 15.6.H. says...
The hand brake and operating mechanism may be removed.

The rest of 15.6 allows any metal brake rotor/drum in original location, any caliper, any dual master cylinder, any proportioning device, any servo assist, any pads, any lines, and ducting (restricted).
Interesting.... however I do not think that it still implies the e-brake must be functional, just the hand brake and operating mechanism must remain in place (assuming this means the operating mechanism is everything up to the e-brake line).
Going on 15.6, if any caliper can be used, then a caliper without the e-brake mechanism on it can also be used (i.e. Q45 or z32). Otherwise my car is illegal, using a different e-brake setup, having the original caliper removed.

My guess is: since the rules that DO apply for 15.6 state that ANY caliper can be used, the e-brake does not need to be operational, if the e-brake caliper is taken out.