View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 04:29 PM   #11
Trixzim

Trader Rating: (0)
Trixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enoughTrixzim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trixzim
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxamigo View Post
Your car is running rich, hence the high Hc content.

Tips to bring the A/F mixture back to OEM spec:
- new OEM coolant temp sensor
- check ignition timing and set to OEM spec
- check fuel pressure
- replace fuel pressure regulator
- check injectors for leaks (rubber O-rings go bad)

To address cooling issue:
- wire a good water temp gauge and diagnose from there. stock unit sucks, you don't even know what temp your car is at

To pass your emissions test:

- "check" all the things in the first list on my post
- inspect catalytic converter (if this is clogged/fucked, it won't clean your emissions) you can replace with a universal for less than $50, but you'll need to weld
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
did you replace the sensor for the gauge or the sensor for the ecu?
there are two sensors, next to each other.
one feeds signal to the ecu, and the other is just for the gauge on the instrument cluster.

Okay, I figured out whats going on but I don't understand whats happening. Please help me understand.

I make sure the car is running at operating temperature. Then I set my timing to 15 B.T.D.C with the TPS unplugged both connectors unplugged (unplugged it with car off). I turn off the car and plug the TPS back in. I start the car and check the timing again and its retarded to 10 degrees. It loses 5 degrees of timing some how and dumps more fuel?? limp mode??????? The only way I can get the timing to go back to normal is loosen the TPS and adjust the volt up and then back to where it was at .50. Then the timing is back at 15 degrees and the cars runs well, but once I turn off the car it does the same thing again where it runs at 10degrees in a limp mode.

I also replaced the TPS with a new one and does the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?
Trixzim is offline   Reply With Quote