View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #1807
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
Got another weekend in on this thing, still finding stuff we gotta neutralize/still building more panels. these pieces are a bit bigger than the normal repairs though. started by completing the door project. there's 3 layers of metal in there that are all essential so i opted to open it all up/neutralize it then do a couple layers of repairs. there's an extension for the door to seal against using oem weather strip so its not just a complete mess under there.

prepped interior for the dry ice treatment and aaron went ahead and got all the sound deadening out

next up, to see what i was actually dealing with on the rocker panel, yikes haha.

can't be that bad

found some things

15 minutes into rocker panel and chill

before

after

insides fresh and ready for custom internal reinforcements which i will be building here shortly. going to subcontract the job out of 16ga. and have an entire new panel created on a brake. some may see it as a setback but i see it as a cool way to improve the car, these sections fail and crumple all the time but this one won't

cut open the trunk as well, have a 12gallon cell i'll be putting back there..

you can see the burnthrough from the tub work on the right side, turned out fantastic i think

where we left off for the weekend

it may not look like it to some, but i'm very happy to see how quickly and how well this cars coming together. the goal right now is paint by mid january then it'll pick up some real speed