View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 02:50 PM   #61
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Removing the oil pan so I can change out the oil pick up that is slightly dented and has holes drilled in it. I should have done it before I installed the trust oil pan but I didn’t really think it was a big deal. Someone pointed it out on my build thread on Zilvia and convinced me to go back and change it. Seriously was a PITA. This is one of those things you want to do once and forget about it.

Oil pan finally removed. I think this took me a solid hour to remove. I kept trying different things to remove it. You can’t really use a flathead/chisel to pry it apart since the pan is aluminum and it just digs into the pan if you try and hammer anything into it. What I think worked for me was when I used a piece of woos 4x4 and hammered it in various areas of the pan until the gasket eventually gave. This was not fun at all.

Oil pan is removed exposing the oil pickup that needs to be removed. First the cover needs to be removed. I believe there were (7) 10mm or 12mm bolts holding this cover on. Once the cover is removed you have access to the oil pickup, which is held on by 3 bolts.

Oil pickup ready to be removed. It is slightly dented and has holes drilled in it by previous owner.

This third bolt in the back holding the oil pickup was a PITA to remove. Good luck to any of you attempting this with chicken tender fingers.

Oil pickup removed

Old oil pickup vs new. Previous owner drilled holes in the oil pickup. In theory this would be better since it would pickup more oil, but is actually harmful since there is a higher chance of air being sucked up. It was also dented so I decided just to go back and change it. I should have done it the first time around… Also, don’t forget to order the gasket if you are changing this part. Part numbers are in the photo.

Removing all of the old gasket before I seal the oil pan back up. The only effective method I found to removing black RTV gasket is a wire brush. Anyone have anything better?

Oil pickup back in. God that third 10mm bolt in the back holding the oil pickup was a pain to get in. Not only did it not thread easily, but there is also little room in there to maneuver. Good luck to all of you with chicken tender fingers.

Oil pickup back in with cover

permatex ultra black and the trust oil pan

Oil pan sealed up. Hand tightened the bolts until the black gasket oozed a bit and waiting an hour before torqueing, per the instructions.

Decided to ditch the Cusco solid motor mounts for the Nismo motor mounts. I originally wanted the Nismo motor mounts, but I scored a great deal on the cusco ones so I was like fuck it why not. Then I thought about how much lower the motor is going to sit, which is bad because I also have the trust oil pan which sits lower as well. I don’t feel like having to change an oil pan again so I decided to just order the Nismo motor mounts. The nismo ones make the engine sit higher and won’t rattle my teeth out compared to the solid Cusco mounts. I’m cool with that. Cusco mounts are for sale btw lol

Nismo motor mounts installed. They are alot uglier than the Cusco. Oh well, not everything can be pretty lol.

The dirty ass transmission covered in filth and red overspray from a maaco paint job. I’m going to waste a few hours of my life degreasing, cleaning, and painting it. No one will see this so who cares right? Wrong. I care. I’m painting it. It helps me sleep at night. Fuck off.

This will receive some TLC later… plan on cleaning, greasing, and changing out the stock clutch pivot ball with a hardened nismo clutch pivot ball. Might as well right?

Transmission degreased, and painted with some aluminum silver engine enamel paint. Not bad!

YO!!! I need help. In this photo you can see that the power steering high pressure fitting is REALLY close to the turbo inlet silicone hose. I have this fitting in there for a Chasebays power steering cooler I am running. When I attach the high pressure line (90 degree fitting on the hose) I am making contact with the silicone hose on the turbo inlet. Do I have any other options besides relocating the power steering pump down to the AC pump position?