View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 05:12 PM   #379
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I think it looks great just like that man.
I have no intentions of changing anything on the body. I'll just be adding the SpecR bolt-in braces and maybe a set of SpecR brakes. If I get the sides, they're just to keep and avoid the inevitable mark-up (to the already existing mark-up) and I'd probably get the rear spats from Nissan too.

In all honesty ALL of the inspiration I got for an EV1 was from old videos of '0-aero' yellow cars. I don't think the aero bumper would actually look good on EV1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
The older I get the more I like "0-aero", but that could just be the rarity of seeing a nice stock car. It would be hard to resist Aero sides/ valances and a front lip, though.

Also, I never realized how small the Spec-R OEM width and offset is. What's the usual safe rim size for no roll? 8.5"-9" with a +31?
I have a second aero bumper that was supposed to go on the AJ4 SpecR but I haven't bothered to pick it up from my friend and get it on the car. It's nice to have these things waiting though so I don't have to search/fight on the auctions later. I think certain colors just make you want full aero and others don't pull it off so well.

I don't know what the safest size is for stock body w/roll. I was running 17X9+22 on both cars and it would rub under the 'typical' scenarios. I just got some 17X8.5+30 wheels and I'm willing to bet they're still gonna cause similar problems if/when I use them.

The car was on those 17X8.5+40 (w/5mm spacer) TE37SLs I posted for sale and didn't rub when I was driving to work.