View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 12:06 AM   #20
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeKS14 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Seems like you got it sorted out. This is exactly why I used 100% OEM timing components on my rebuild. I've never seen anything like that on the main timing chain. Just disintegrated guides that end up in the oil pickup.

Oem components to rebuild the oil pump (gears, spring and washers) ran me around $80 on mine after inspecting the inside for wear on the the casing/timing cover. Understanding your customer already had their timing cover replaced w a cheap knockoff but I always recommend keeping the OEM cover and just rebuilding the pump provided the sides of the housing arent worn too much. Pack that sucker with a bit of axle grease and turn by hand, itll develop suction a lot faster during the prime prior to initial startup. Tossing my .02 in on that in case someone runs across this in the future.

These KAs benefit GREATLY from a camshaft upgrade, regarding falling on their face in higher revs. Should be a fun car for your customer though. That intake....
lol Yeah the intake is retarded but oh well. I am sure after he recovers & enjoys his car a bit we will do something to address it. I agree OEM all the way. They are hard to come bye these days.