View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help. Auto Accident/Insurance Question

Hey folks

I was involved in my first auto accident 2 years ago. Once insurances were involved and after 2 weeks since the accident occurred I didn't hear from anyone about it. About a month and a half ago I began calling companies to try and get auto insurance quotes when I found out by one company that my case is still open and they couldn't offer me a quote until the claim was closed. I called around until I got a hold of a claims representative and I found out the other party lawyered up and their lawyer was dragging things along. This 19th of June will be 2 years since the accident and I was told by my insurance company that if they do not hear from the other party they could close my case.

Well yesterday I heard back from the claims representative that's on my case asking me for permission to disclose my policy info ($) to the other party's lawyer. I didn't quite understand why this is needed and she explained the passenger from the other party had/has scoliosis as a child and racked up $12k in medical visits (from a ± 25 MPH accident) and my policy limits were close to getting maxed. From almost the moment insurance companies were involved I felt my insurance provider was looking out for its best interest more than mine. Is there anything to be concerned about with regards to disclosing my policy numbers to the other party?
chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links