View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #85
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Amazing Company

If it hasn't been established by now that WS is an amazing company, I'll throw my two cents into the ring as well. I ordered a RB25det NEO to S14 swap harness from them on their Black Friday special. I also ordered the upgraded ground strap kit, and the LS coil harness at the same time.

I am decently adept at electronics, and following the wiring diagrams would not have been a huge issue if I had decided to tackle the harness myself. I originally considered buying the harness connector set from WS and wiring the engine myself. After looking at the amount of different color wires involved and pricing out the smallest quantities of each color combo as well as the fire resistant sleeving and everything else to make the harness I decided that the increase in cost for the WS harness was minimal. I also would not have to deal with yet one more part of the swap that I chose to DIY, which is a huge win, and WS is definitely available for troubleshooting if there are issues.

My thoughts on the transaction are:

#1 - The price was great considering I got all three for less than the harness alone without the Black Friday discount. Even at full price they are less expensive than any other option other than DIY, and not that much more than DIY.

#2 - I contacted WS to let them know my planned setup involved a Link ECU, Link Boost Solenoid, Bosch IAT, conversion to MAP, Wideband O2, Q45 S1 throttle body, and USCAR plug injectors. I was concerned that I would not have the details figured out before the sale ended. They assured me that they would honor the sale price if it went beyond the cut-off. After conversing with Yuri through e-mail I made the purchase during the sale with the intent to figure everything out before the harness was finalized.

#3 - After a few e-mails back and forth the harness details were determined, and it was shipped within 2 weeks. This is amazing considering the customization and the fact I know there were plenty of other harnesses being made at the time.

#4 - Yuri was great to deal with and made sure we had everything correct. It was a great customer experience.

#5 - The quality of the harness is superb! I can wire, sleeve, and heatshrink well enough to know that care was taken with every connection.

Every time I read the claim that their harnesses are 'OEM quality' I laugh a little because this harness exceeds OEM quality in every aspect. There is no electrical tape, corrugated plastic sleeving, or random sections of wire left unsleeved on the entire harness.

Thanks Yuri and the WS team!
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote