View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 08:14 PM   #23747
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
It's pointing to the nuts, not the bolts/studs... nuts are never TTY. None of those suspension bolts/studs are TTY on these cars anyway.

Edit: I did some looking around my car and at some new fasteners from Nissan. The reason it says these specific nuts are one time use is they are crimp type lock nuts, where the top threads of the nut are slightly crimped to add friction and help prevent the nut from backing off. Ideally you should replace these as they will lose their friction and you could risk stripping the stud if the threads are deformed. I do replace them if it's a really torque critical application like the exhaust manifold but I haven't replaced them on my strut tops before.

For the strut top nuts you could safely replace them with serrated flange nuts which are designed to be reusable. Other Japanese cars I've owned used those rather than crimp lock nuts. For the sway bar link, I always end up replacing the link which comes with new nuts anyway.

Last edited by AKADriver; 06-23-2022 at 12:33 PM..
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote