View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #23
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DDonovan is an unknown quantity at this point
July 27th Update

Registration money is continuing to come in..., a big thanks for that as it takes a lot of my mind. I have to have at least 60 people attend so I can get the discount that Mt Washington gives me on the facilities and the meals, so I am very relieved each year when I hit that mark with paid participants. Based on the registration and the amount of people that have already paid, I am very pleased..., If you can though talk to your friends and try and get them out to this worthy event. As I say above, if you’re on the island this is a great deal.

Donations also are continuing to come in. Mad Man McKay’s here in Victoria is interested in sponsoring the event with a donation and as such I will be discussing with them later this week on what they might be able to donate. A couple of individuals have also donated some automotive goods that will be up for raffle. Discovery Honda has added to their donation, a full auto detail, which is always handy. Saunders Subaru has offered up a wonderful summer outdoor kit including badminton set, Fruit Punch set, and lantern set, all of which will be bundled together for raffle. SHC Auto has donated some excellent and expensive cleaning products as well as HID replacement bulbs for ANY car and two coupons, one for auto detailing and the other for products. I hopefully will be posting up a list of all donated items that are up for raffle in the coming days.

Poker Run Cash Prizes - well they always depend on the number of participants as this money comes directly out of the proceeds. I think we are on track to offer the same as last year:

1) Best Poker Hand ==> $500.00
2) Second Best Poker Hand ==> $300.00
3) Third Highest Poker Hand ==> $200.00
4) Worst Poker Hand ==> Free registration to next year’s Poker Run.
- refer to the posting above describing each poker hand possible and its rankings.

Please if you can and haven't already, contact me regarding payment for your registration. I would really like to get that out of the way as I need to confirm numbers to Mt Washington to cover food costs and so they know how many staff and all of that stuff. It is also important for the checkpoints to know how many are coming so we can time things out properly as well as those sponsors that have offered up freebies to participants need an idea of how many are attending. All of this information needs to be submitted at the very latest one week before the event. Some have been asking when is the last day I can register. I am going to cut off registration on August10th and I am only going to accept payments up until August 14th, UNLESS you have made arrangements with me. I have to have firm numbers two days out absolutely.

If your on the list below please check to ensure that your payment status is correct and that if you are or are not bringing a co-pilot or passengers that they are listed below correctly as well. My food order is based on THIS LIST !!! Lastly if your the least bit interested in attending this event, GET ON THE LIST !!! :-)

Last edited by DDonovan; 08-07-2012 at 02:48 AM..
DDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote