View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #25
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DDonovan is an unknown quantity at this point
August 5th Update

Only two weeks remaining !!! For those of you that have not contacted me about payment please do so as soon as possible. The deadline is going to be August 11th to have your registration in and to have arranged payment with me. If your interested in the event, get the registration form filled out please or contact me directly for information.

The wife and I rode about 85% of the route on Friday. For those of you that attended the event last year and loved the route, well this year I have outdone myself. I have probably removed about another 60% of the highway driving. Including the Malahat drive we touch the highway all of 30 minutes and that takes us up as far as CheckPoint #6. That said, I want everyone to know that the route I have chosen is not a highway and in most cases the speed limits are between 50 - 80 Kms. This is a scenic route. There is ample opportunity to open the car up on the highway to Mt Washington where the speed limits get to 110 and we do touch the highways where you can 'stretch your legs', however if you want to be pushing it I suggest you find other drivers of a similar mind, and take a different route. I don't recommend speeding as the island is really under a speed enforcement kick, so I wouldn't recommend speeding at all, but if your so incline, stay on the highways.

Lastly, please help me and my stress level..., if you have registered and have not contacted me to arrange payment, do so now. It sure is nice not to have to worry about that.

Last edited by DDonovan; 08-10-2012 at 05:49 PM..
DDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote