View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 08:22 PM   #9570
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I can tell you from personal experience. The door striker has a rubber surround to prevent the door from making a loud metal to metal noise when closing your door. Over time that plastic deteriorates and gets caught in the door latch and causes it not to open.

I destroyed a door panel and the door magically opened, now I have mismatching door panels.

http://om1kron.blogspot.com/2013/03/...yesterday.html
Surprisingly, this has only happened to me twice over the last 17 years. Once on the driver side 10+ years ago and once on the passenger side just about two weeks ago.

Both times I did manage to pry the door panel off with the door closed, but it does crack and damage the plastic backing on the door panel itself.

I'll take pictures of exactly what I did soon, but there's a small piece that connects to the door rods that jams up and won't allow the door lock to fully free itself from the locked position. Once I had the panels off, I took a flat head screwdriver and pushed it just a bit and it finally allowed me to open the door.

What was really stupid about that whole mess was that it never did it again once I freed it.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote