View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 10:37 AM   #6
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Actually I should post my vacuum leak tester DIY part numbers... I know there are a lot of DIYs, but it never gets too specific enough.

Question for you, when I did my leak testing, from what I can tell, it actually doesn't hold air, you just have to listen for leaks or spray soap right? I had to cap off my electronic boost solenoid....
the more pressure you add the more acceptable you allow presure to bleed of,the rule of thumb i heard was it should bleed down to 0 in no LESS than 30-45 seconds.i read this on a dsm forum awhile back,the decay in presure leaks pat the ring and the more psi the more we allow decay be sure you remove oil cap before adding pressure.

what i do for starters is i blow as much into the system with my mouth then i plug the line and wait about 15 seconds,after 15 second you should hear the air rushing out your tester,if not you have massive leak.of course we recommend you always pump the system to the same psi your running from the turbo,i found a leak at injector o ring that only leaked at above 4 psi so now its beome the rule.but i like to start by simply blowing in the system first before i add psi just to see if its major or minor leak.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote