View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 03:23 AM   #74
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
Back in the day the overall second hand market for used parts/engines was a lot more centralized than it is today. For example, here in Europe when I was looking for a certain part I'd just check all the european S-chassis forums and eventually find what I was looking for. Now, with most forums dead or on life support, 5000 different Facebook sales groups, and an absolutely useless FBM search it has become impossible to find stuff. Even if it is out there.

I'm sure the supply for used engines has dropped, but after 5 months of searching all websites I could think of for a SR20 and not being able to search FBM outside my own country I've given up. I think with less and less young people being able to afford to get into this hobby a significant majority of the engines that still exist will just be sitting in peoples garages that have plans to use them one day but life got in the way.