View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #3068
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandem View Post
I really just need suggestions for tire size front and rear, and a way to get rid of some rear camber AND fill in the gap where the fenders are pulled/rolled. I put the new 235/40/18s up front and they rub too much and look too big to me, doesnt looked stretched and has way too much tire. Should i put those in the rear and would that allow me to remove some rear camber? And then get a 225 up front? Or should I go back to a 35 series up front and run wider rears? I can't stand this tire situation and can't seem to get it set how I want without killing my tires every 5-10k miles. I daily drive my s14, no drifting or track days yet, just some aggressive street driving. I want a somewhat 'normal' alignment for now so I can keep tires longer. specs again:

18x9.5 + 8
18x10.5 + 16
Stance coilovers
Front roll, rear roll and pretty good pull.
You have almost the exact same setup as me.lol
S14/stance/same size rims..

You are asking how to get rid of some camber? do you have camber arms installed? if so you can tweak those to help with perfect fitment..
you should definitley run 225's up front keep the 40 series though.....I have 225-40-18 up front..
I run 235 40 18 in rear on a same size rim and it looks pretty nice, no crazy stretch but a bit more than mild..comprende?
hope that helped!