View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #121
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Suprareal's S13 FB build (sr20det eventually)

This covid plague has really slowed down business for me like most and instead of going insanely bored I decided to start on my roll cage.
It will be a full cage with interior
Im using typical DOM tubing 1.5 .095 wall

Started with stripping the interior and sound deadening. I will be adding back some new deadening after though.

I built the front boxes outside of the car for a much easier job when they need to be welded in

Harness lap belt bolt on plate. You can simply use one of the stock bolt holes with your harness but I found this centered the bolt allowing the strap to come out of the carpet hole much cleaner

The rear plates counter the chassis nicely to get great coverage

I?m TIG welding the entire cage minus the base plates to chassis. The entire main hoop was built and welded outside of the car

I?ve built a few cages in the past but never with interior. Finding it a lot more difficult to build working around the panels

The rear section I decided to do a little differently than a standard X. Since these are extra added tubes not needed for a standard cage you have more design freedom. This to me was unique and gave me a little less blindspots on the driver seat in comparison to the X design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links