View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 03:38 PM   #16
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Ideally, I'd like to keep it all factory and OEM - however I am concerned about the tolerances of the GK-kit and being able to properly adjust the rear-toe. I don't recall if the the traction arms on a stock Nissan used the camber bolts or not. There is no provision on the GK unit.
so after several posts here's the answer you want:

1) page RA-6 of the FSM tells you that yes, the factory rear toe arms have an adjustment eccentric bolt.
2) every HICAS eliminator kit out there is a simple bar with holes for a bolt and wide enough to mount it with any rear toe arm that is a factory replacement unit. So the short answer is, yes it will be fine. I don't recall people having magical sideways, unadjustable rear toe settings with other brands of HICAS delete bars.

and yes, Nismo S14 arms have both OE replacement as well as reinforced versions. but like I said in your previous thread about "Nismo parts... a scam?", if you're trying to price justify Nismo arms vs bushings/ball joint replacement on your stock arms (or any used arms), it's apples vs oranges.

it's like trying to justify finding used, perfect condition metal fenders from a junkyard or another car to put on your car, vs buying brand new OEM metal fenders. everyone will have their own justification for the pricing, no need to price compare to this level. Plus, some people out there simply don't have access to a press or the tools needed to do some types of installs, or even have the time.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote