View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 12:52 PM   #37
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute

so, Dorman 935-403 is what i'm replacing the driveshaft flex coupler with. this is for a 2007 bmw 535i, but i'm told it will fit if you replace the 6 bolts going through it with 3 M12X1.75 70mm bolts (trans input to flex disk) and 3 M12X1.75 60mm bolts (flex disk to driveshaft).

so far, it does fit. needs a little persuasion, but the rubber is flexible. however, i can't get the 3 bolts off my driveshaft-to-coupler flange. there isn't enough room to fit a 3/4" socket on there and my 3/4" wrench didn't move it.

instead, i'm drilling out 3 of the bushings to 1/2". the threads of the stock shaft-to-coupler bolts fit - but the unthreaded portion is something like 12.5mm diameter. so they won't go all the way through unless i do this...

anyways, that's currently in progress and it is working so far. i also took the bumper off and (because i was bored), cleaned up a few things and changed the diff fluid, which obviously looked like chocolate milk, and the drain plug looked just like my trans drain plug.

i know this isn't monumental progress, but the restoration part of this comes first.

Last edited by thermogod; 06-12-2023 at 08:57 AM..
thermogod is offline   Reply With Quote