View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #80
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Bumping the shit out of this I guess.

Wife is doing great, recovery was a little slower than we'd hoped but thankfully, all the cash I'd been saving up to cover this surgery was in vein. There was a ton of back and forth between the doctor and the insurance after they denied it 3 times. Somehow, luck or just the way it goes, the surgery was listed as a medical necessity which requires zero out of pocket through my insurance. *Angel music* I was able to use that money we'd been saving and pay off all our debt. LAWD, it was a great feeling because I gout our taxes in the same week. Big things are beginning to happen <3

We made some progress on my buddy's car. After some measurements, we decided his front end was just way past saving. He also got his motor delivered, no better thing to do than test fit everything while we're at it. Of course, now that means a tucked bay; so I started on that with him.

Right around the same time, freak snow storm got sent home early. Free snow-day on a Friday?, I'll take it. As the sky cleared up, I took the wife for a late lunch date. Apparently, it'd been way worse further north of town.
Caught some slush and pulled us in to a turning lane, bounced off a curb, broke a bunch of shit and shot us back into the intersection where I hit a truck.

Yo, side and curtain airbags? 1/5, don't recommend. 1st accident I've had and it totaled it..adjusted said it was way worse than it looked; who rear subframe had shifted.

Overall, everything settled within a week and I decided to buy something a little older for me to have once she gets her graduation present next year. Towing in luxury <3

Now, content that actually matters to you. I sold KA setup back in the beginning of the year. Not a KA fan anyways, made good money off a drop in swap so I'm not mad about it.

So, that brings me to the last 2 weeks. After knocking out a ton of honey-do's I started buying up swap pieces; even found a screaming deal locally 2 weeks ago. Buddy went halvsies on it for the rear end setup.

Also got in my group buy key with Ronin Imports. Surprisingly good quality. Needs some machine polishing to be perfect.

But, carrier just called me before making this post, motor is being delivered tomorrow afternoon!!!!! Kiddo spent some garage hangs with me while I got a spot cleaned up.