View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 03:36 AM   #22
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Live tuning is not the same as REAL TIME. Emulation + being able to write the ROM is not the same as the ECU making changes while loaded on the dyno. That's Steve's beef, among other things it seems.

I agree that Nistune has to present a significant price/performance advantage to make it preferable to the other "big names" in the industry.

I'm watching to see how this sorts itself out.
Yes it is, but I will report back once I use this unit again and tell you guys if it actually does allow real time tuning in the sense of the way that Haltech does.

The main beef I have, however, is that there is not a fully downloadable and openly accessible software for the DIY'er or customer...

The fact that they sell licenses just does not line up with all other main stream class A standalone systems. I don't really see how keeping it this way makes it any easier on the community or the customers either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Newest info from Matt@nistune.

The error message the user had (that steve shadows was going to tune the car for and had trouble with) has opened too many address files looking around at stuff, or its possible that the person he bought the license from has done this. Since this is a single user license and the software detected that it was being used commercially (or so it seemed) it had shut itself down.

Matt gave me instructions for me to pass on to the current license holder in order to make the program work correctly once again.
Excellent, thank you.

I will report back into this thread with a full review of the unit once I get to really try Real Time steady state tuning with it.