View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #4581
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
do most wheel repair locations offer this service? or is it a rarer thing? my buddy said he thinks its going to be super pricey
it's not as often done mainly because it doesn't really give a 'nice' finish. It removed tons of pitting and stuff like that but it pretty much ends up as raw aluminum in the end. It's offered at most locations though - here's one in ohio Automated Wheel - Aluminum wheel finishes. Machining, Polish, Buff, Clear and Powder Coat, Painting in Cleveland, Ohio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
What do you have and what finish look are you trying to do?

You may want to consider doing it your self if you want to polish...its time conssuming but its such a high grit process, that it ends up that's all it is...time, and that's what you are paying for
He doesn't want powder coating but I agree on doing it yourself. I did my eurolines by hand and sent them off to be buffed since i didn't have/want that equipment. I finished it with a lot of hand polishing, it's pretty fucking nice for the shit work i put. I can pm you some pics if you want - it took about 5 hours per wheel but cost 150$ in the end. Way less than having a shop do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where can i tap a water temperature gauge into a KA? The titek adapter that WakeBHR showed me won't fit my probe thread pitch (assuming its the same as the greddy one)