View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #6
smithrcing17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
smithrcing17 is an unknown quantity at this point
if i could vote twice id chose the first and last category, i had a fully built ka motor, looked everywhere for parts, nothing was really clear, does this downpipe fit with this turbo? do i need a top mount or bottom mount, and then if i did get either of them who even makes a downpipe? is it going to clear my floor board? what intercooler kit should i buy? .... all of two options between like isis and greddy and at the time isis didnt even make their ka kit yet so i was kinda stuck between crazy expensive and ebay shit.. this is why i went with an sr, parts everywhere, sold my built ka setup for way more then what an sr cost and got a whole load of parts on top of that.. looking back if i knew what i knew now and had the resourses that i do now i prolly would stay with the ka since i already had a built block i could have fabricated all my own parts. but for the normal person who just bought a stock/semi stock 240, the amount of money they would spend building their motor, sourcing all the ka-t parts together would be double what an sr swap costs, i mean jei has complete srs for like 2350. if you have the least bit of motor skills you can swap a motor
smithrcing17 is offline   Reply With Quote