View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 03:14 AM   #18
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Sounds like whether you go s14 or z33, you'll treat your car well and turn it into something that you'll learn to love. Also, if you take a guy who's kept a z33 for a long time and another guy whose kept an s14 for a long time, you know they'll say that they wouldn't have it any other way. (I'm one of those people [s14 for 12+ years]) Although, I've heard a lot more stories of people who sell their 240s, regret it, and buy another one only a year or two later compared to people who sell Z33's.

The one thing I can take away from your post is that you know you can make a kouki s14 fast enough for your liking, but you'll never make a z33 look as good as a 14 (to you). So imagine yourself in the future if you had one car vs. the other. If you're in an S14 and you're driving around town... you see a dude in a Z33, and you're like, "Man, I wish my car was as fast as that one." And it's like ok... it may not be, but you know you've got some things you can do. Now, imagine you're in a Z33 and you see a Kouki S14 with a tuned SR on the street. Then, you might say, "Wow that car is fast and it looks better." Then you look back at your Z33 and realize your car is just as fast, but you'll never be able to make it look like the S14 you wanted long ago. Or you say, "Sheit I wish I had that car instead." MAYBE. But this is me making assumptions on your mentality here based on a single post.

On the issue of practicality and age... I mean... technically they're both pretty good cars. It's not like you're choosing between buying an FD RX-7 and a bone-stock 240...

Your story just reminded me of some guy I met in my area.
This guy... maybe mid 50's or so... he's running (or was running) for some government position in one of the cities here in LA, and he's got a super clean, super fixed-up zenki S14.
Doesn't tell any of his peers about it because he feels it may hurt his image for election lol

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.

Last edited by MrMigs; 04-19-2015 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: edit for story
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote