View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #128
Origin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
I'm so tired of this whole liberal VS conservative thing. It's all manufactured by the media, both liberal AND conservative. They're both just as bad as the other.
I honestly think that the media is just trying to further separate Americans. If you take away the social influence, the answers are really quite obvious.
Lets break it down real quick.

Homosexuality- When did you decide to be straight?

Taxes- You make more than I do, who should be taxed more, or less? Or should we be taxed the same?

War- Is our cause just? Should we be spending 3-4 times more on our military than any other country in the world?

Abortion- In the "Land of the Free" is it your right to dictate what a woman can and cannot do? And should we base our decisions on our religion, even though the constitution clearly forbids it?

Religion- Should we allow a Catholic church to be built in Lower Manhattan? Is that answer the same if we're talking about a Muslim church?

Education- Should we force children in Chicago to be taught the same things and take the same tests as children in LA?

Health Care- Should lower class families have access to adequate health care? Are we content with allowing families to go bankrupt due to their medical bills and lack of insurance?

These are pretty simple problems with simple solutions. If we can hold civilized discussions without ulterior motives we will find that adequate compromise can be attained with relative ease.
Leading a country means more than just thinking of your own situation; just because you can afford food does not mean that your neighbor can.

Feel free to take my words out of context and apply them to your favorite institution. It's bound to happen anyway.
When I realized I would be gay if I wasn't. In all seriousness how about when I realized it's not natural and it doesn't matter what a foolish human being "thinks" it can do but what it is intended to.

Common sense.

It's just if it stops this Islamic threat to the entire world, unjust in swarming Uganda for oil. Defense is always a priority and should never be taken lightly. There is always someone that wants to harm you. "You" being the country I'd assume.

Should we let baby seals have more rights than Human offspring? *SNIP*.

Muslims are trouble. Radical groups are the reason why we are in the situation we are in. We are fighting them (or were until he let out the 'I BRING THE TROOPS HOME' ploy), but for some reason they get better service than original citizens do.

How about we not teach a liberal agenda and stop teaching 7th graders how to use a condom?

It can not be a mandate. Lower income families are there of their own accord. No one else's.

"Leading a country means more than just thinking of your own situation; just because you can afford food does not mean that your neighbor can."

That's funny because that's exactly what Barry is doing right now. Except he doesn't care about the latter.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote