View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #136
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
I like how you danced around my question initially, but thank you for not ignoring the underlying issue entirely. I agree, gay marriage needs to just be done with so our country can move onto more pressing matters. And by that I mean we need to allow it and stop discriminating against our fellow man, regardless of whom he chooses to love.
I didn't dace around anything, you are actually. You never mentioned marriage, you just assumed we would know. I don't see marriage as some sort of inalienable human right and I don't see denying gays the right as discrimination. Why do they need to get married, they won't be having children? Personally I see homosexuality as mother natures way of ensuring a percentage of the population is infertile and keeps birth rates down for population control.

You need to look at the purpose of mariage historically. It was to ensure men, who wanted to have intercorse with women, would then take care of those women and children. It also ensured that the children you took care of and inevitably leave all your world belongings too, where in fact YOUR CHILDREN. This is basic nature and genetic survive. Just like how lions chase off rivals and often kill their "own" cubs when they suspect those cubs might not be theirs.

You are alive today because you come from 10's of thousands of years of clever bastards able to seduce women and raise their offsprings.

Marriage is more-or-less irrelevant today. Single mothers will not starve in the streets, hunt animals and toiling in the fields is no longer what puts food on the table and infant mortality is not in the double digets. No longer will a man start having children at 16, no longer do they need to take on 3 wives in their life times (at some points death at childbirth was 1 in 4) and no longer is it only 1 in 5 children that live to see adulthood.

So why the need for mariage? Why do people who will never bear children need to be married? With longer life spans, contraceptives, abortions and changes in social morals (sex before marriage) no one gives a shit anymore.

Marriage is about as outdated as witch burnings.

Quote:
We have that, it's called a "prenup".
You have no idea what a prenup is or its legal limitations.

Quote:
FDR would disagree.
"To pay for increased government spending, in 1941 FDR proposed that Congress enact an income tax rate of 99.5% on all income over $100,000; when the proposal failed, he issued an executive order imposing an income tax of 100% on income over $25,000"
Franklin D. Roosevelt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And exactly who is receiving free schooling? Are you arguing that public schools in America ought to be torn down? Or are you insinuating that college students on Financial Aid who are required to pay back the money that is on loan to them are getting a free pass?
Worst argument of all time? Go read "New Deal Raw Deal". FDR was the most corrupt president of all time. He laid the foundation for our fucked up federal government and in fact has been proven to made the depression worst.

Quote:
I
That is not an answer.
Do we have the right to stage prolonged occupations in nations that have NOT attacked us until after we attacked them?
"We consume half of the worlds resources and have economic, social and political interests in almost every single country in the world."
This does not give America just cause to invade anyone.
You do realize that we aren't defending ourselves, right? We are on the offense. That much is clear.

And I love your ingenious placement of the Trade Centers. Al-Qaeda attacked us, so it MUST make sense to bomb Iraq! And now that we've wrecked Iraq, lets move onto leveling Afghanistan! Hurray! Who should we liberate (kill) next?!
I've got an idea, why don't we free our soldiers from serving without a mission! There is no war, this is an occupation, and when I was a kid I was taught that America did no such thing; we got in, got the job done, and got our men out!
Actually it is an answer, and yes, we have the right to declare war on whomever we see fit.
The US Constitution does not extend to other nations, just like their laws do not extend to us. Further more - "The Best Defense is a Strong Offense".

I also love how you over simplify the greater issues. Like "oh, invade and occupy". Yes, because it was a Roman/British occupation where we worked the people to death while extracting all their natural resources. More over, the occupation was the the result of LIBERALs like yourself who feel these people are entitled to the bill of humans rights - you know, equality, women's rights, the right to vote, ect ect. We could have simply killed Sadamn with an assassin, but that is "murder" and thus illegal, so we have to invade and put him on trial.

Once he's dead, we can't just leave the shit hole, we have to help all these people in need... yes...

But regardless, we accomplished our Geopolitical goal - to destabilize the region and ensure that no one country or coalition of nations could interfere with our great global goals.

Quote:
I
Muslims, sir, are under constant attack. Gays are under constant attack. Hispanics are under constant attack. African Americans are under constant attack. Everyone in America who isn't white or Christian is under constant attack. Christians are not under attack.
Clearly you are not looking to have a rational discusion. Go build a Cathedral outside Mecca - see how well that goes over.

Quote:
I am familiar with them. But that holds no influence in Western society. Your argument is the same as a child who's caught misbehaving and tattles on another child in an effort to make himself look better.
Clearly you are not familiar with what is going on in the world.

Quote:
However, privatizing education entirely would be absolutely criminal. Many children come from impoverished families, education is their only ticket to leading a successful and fulfilling life. I can guarantee that if public schools were privatized hundreds of thousands of children would never even learn to read.
Are you fucking stupid? Why would hundreds of thousands of children not learn to read? Last time I checked most inner city Highschool kids CAN'T FUCKING READ.

Most US Highschoolers read on a 5th grad level! Go blue and red birds!!
American High School Students Are Reading Books At 5th-Grade-Appropriate Levels: Report

The rest of your crap is just dribble. If you got Cancer at 19 - why didn't you have health insurance at 18? Remember the story about wrecking the BMW then apply for insurance?

"Insurance is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent, uncertain loss."

That is, you buy it before something happens, not after the fact.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote