View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 11:49 PM   #68
knate
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
We pulled our transmission out, and I tried taking off the inspection cover to see if something obvious had failed in the selector. Nothing obvious found.. and I didn't feel like digging too much deeper as we already had a line on a replacement transmission. I had looked around to see if people had fixed their transmissions, but everybody said just replace the CD008 with a CD009 (newer/better) and forget about it.

We picked up two 2006 350Z VQ35DE engines that both ran but made some knocking noises.. and a CD009 for $1000 total. The engines could come in handy some day..

We got the car high enough up off the floor to get the trans out:

And then yanked it out:

Hmm.. we have a problem, the CD008 and CD009 shifter brackets are very different.

With some washers we got it to bolt up, but the linkage was no longer the correct length. With a little cutting/welding of the linkage, we were back in business.

We put the trans back in the car, installed some ST45 pads in the rear to try to get some better brake balance. We found Randy was right (of course) and we had some toe out in the front, so we fixed that (we usually shoot for zero toe up front). I also fixed the power steering encoder lines, one of the wires had been cut somehow. With all that done, we were ready for our next race!

knate is offline   Reply With Quote