View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 06:23 PM   #104
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadians14sr20det View Post
The way he did it (welding the spring to a plate) is definitely not safe. You never want to weld a spring, it'll break eventually. See my photos above for a better way to do it.

However I think I now finally have solved the issue. I cracked my subframe, so over the winter I swapped it out with one with GK tech reinforcement plates and nismo subframe bushes. Vibration is like 99% gone. I understand whats going on and why the cd009 is so brutal on an sr car. I'll try to explain.

Stock 350z setup:
- 6 cylinder
- Dual mass flywheel
- Soft Trans mount
- Carbon driveshaft
- Very soft subframe bushes

With a modified SR 9/10 you lose literally all of the above. You can't add a DMF or 2 extra cylinders to an sr easily, so what fixed it for me is:
- Soft trans mount (I used valve springs, but I'm almost certain a stock 350z mount would be fine)
- Soft(ish) subframe bushes (nismo)

I'm convinced that going back to a 2 piece or a carbon driveshaft would bring my car back to almost OEM levels of vibration.
Have you given this a thought?

https://www.vibra-technics.com/nissa...ia_200sx_240sx