View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #116
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
So the car was picked up on the Saturday morning and trailered back so the rest of the work could be undertaken. I couldnt be there when it was picked up as I'd gone in to checkout the lowdown showcased thing which was quite cool indeed. So excuse the iphone pics as thats all that James had before it was disassembled. We were really happy with Hypertunes work and were surprised to see how fast they were able to get everything done.

All plumbed up.

Jimmy holding the dump pipe, looks like some sort of illegal substance apparatus. :P

Pulled it all out to allow access for other jobs that needed doing. Also bought some Royal Purple run in oil recommended by Mazworx to run the engine in on. This stuff seems extortionately expensive for run in oil but it was decided for the extra money why risk it if thats what they suggested to use. After talking to Eric the reason they like it is the high zinc content.

We cut the extra piece of the bracket of OEM off the VVL solenoids as its not needed anymore and just makes for less space in the engine bay and weight to have it.

Link G4 Xtreme was the ecu of choice for James the plan is to run the car on a flex fuel setup in the future and this is capable of that as well as some other fancy stuff which we can get into later.

James was eating a jam donut hence several sugar sprinkles whoops. :P

New flange welded onto the Mazworx T/B by Hypertune.

Different angle, matches up with the Mazworx welding well.

The R33GTR calipers have had a very hard life which is only about to get harder. We thought we were having issues with a sticking caliper so it was decided to give them a fresh set of seals as a small kindness before what they'll have to endure soon.

The fronts were looking pretty shabby before with several coats of paint so we had them soda blasted which brought them up like this.

Looked new I might get this done to mine. We were tossing up if we should just leave them raw like this.

New 2L Hypertune made catch can for the corner of the engine bay. Nice and neat/out of the way. Up in that corner its away from all the turbo heat and allows reasonably short piping to it.

More soon!

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote