View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 02:16 AM   #7
Tignometry
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Tignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enough
Update:
The engine is in now, but before getting to that I'll bring this thread up to speed on what was done leading up to its current state.

I've been cleaning/painting a bunch of things that need to go back in the car like the throttle body, intake manifold, engine accessories and brackets, transmission. This all takes a TON of time, which, I've underestimated. Not trying to build a show car here by any means, but some of the stuff just needed some TLC before going back in.

Installed new seals on the transmission and cleaned it up as well. It was pretty filthy in there.

Replaced the old steering rack bushings with these solid MAX steering rack eccentric bushings since I'm running their long tie rods, ITR offsetters and super angle knuckles.

While I was in there I also replaced the steering column bushing with a solid DIF piece.

Also, touched up the transmission tunnel with undercoating.

Made a mistake cutting the hardline going to the rear brakes in a rush to get the chassis out to paint, so here I repaired the line with a new union to the Chasebays stainless braided PVC coated brake line.

Chasebays BBE, power steering reservoir and lines installed.

Purchased some used Nismo extended studs for the front so I could comfortably run slip on spacers and slapped on the MAX Z32 brakes. Yes, I know the cotter pin isn't fastened on there completely yet, I just had to snap a quick photo.

Here's the engine with the a/c compressor mocked up, because I've decided I want to run a/c on here if I can get it to work out. It looks like it's going to fit with the Tomei M7960 turbo there. Remember, my chassis is a zenki model so I had to acquire 91-94 s13 a/c parts as they're not the same as 89-90 and so far I have everything except the evaporator so if anyone has one for sale, let me know. One of the lines coming out the firewall is larger on the 91-94 s13's.

On the intake manifold I got rid of the EGR and used a DIF block off plate to cover the hole. I removed a bunch of the vacuum and water lines that aren't really necessary for the engine to run. Also, I swapped out the upper manifold with one from an s14 because they don't have the airflow-impeding butterfly valves that s13's do.

Removed all this stuff

For the fuel setup, I went with injector dynamics 1050x injectors and Radium Engineering fuel rail. Really good quality looking stuff.

For the clutch I went with the OSGiken Super Single after test driving a buddy's s14 that had this clutch & flywheel setup. It revs up so fast and so smooth on engagement. Really can't wait to drive this thing.

Tignometry is offline   Reply With Quote