View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 12:04 AM   #15
Tignometry
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Tignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the kind words guys, I really want to get this build done too. It's been a year almost, I think, since the motor was finished. Anyways, for turbo-back exhaust I decided to go with the MAX Cobra. MAX claims it's designed for KA-T and SR. To add in, Tomei also claims their KA exhaust manifold mounts T25/28 style turbos in the same factory location that an SR20DET does so I hoped that the Cobra might fit without modification. I've confirmed that it does indeed fit, no problem (at least, with the Tomei M7960).

Today I wrapped the MAX Cobra downpipe in some heat retaining header wrap to try and keep exhaust heat where we want it (in the exhaust) and radiant heat to a minimum on surrounding surfaces/floor/cabin. The Cobra's design, with maximum clearance and flexibility in mind brings the piping really really close to the floorboard in a region that lacks a heatshield, which is basically the major reason why I decided to wrap the downpipe. You'll see below how close it actually is once mounted up.

The MAX Cobra downpipe is a beautiful piece of art.. just look at those welds and the craftsmanship. It's sort of a shame I'm covering it up, but I have to go with function over form here.

Bottom half done...

Now all done.

In case anyone was wondering, I went with Ledaut Titanium Exhaust Wrap off of Amazon. The wrap itself seems to be good quality, guess we'll see how it does once the engine is running.

Here's some installed pics.

Other things, new throttle cable installed. A/C lines, compressor, condenser etc installed, just waiting on the evaporator to arrive. Also, waiting on an intake that fits the Z32 MAF, has ports for BOV recirculation and breather port for the oil catch can setup that I'm going to run. If anyone has a Greddy or Apexi piece or a custom made one that they're selling and fits the criteria I'm looking for, let me know.
Tignometry is offline   Reply With Quote