View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Actually Ray your wrong. 240Z's are already being considered as Classic and are well on the road to collectors. Even hough Toyota made the 2000GT and Nissan made the Datsun 310 and 311 roadsters, the cars that started this whole Japanese performance car/sports car thing in the United States officially numbers wise was the 240z. Followed closely by the 510 as the poor mans BMW 1600.
Though we owe it all mostly to the 240z. It layed the groundwork for Mazda to introduce the RX7 and Miata, Toyota to introduce the MR2 and Supra etc.....

180sx's in Japan though cheap are already falling into the legend status catagory as well due to the fact they were the most popular sports car ever sold in Japan.

Though I have a feeling 240sx's will be strictly a cult thing in the U.S. and not achieve the kind of collector status a 240Z will.
i would argue the 240z being the one who "layed the groundwork."

i feel that the toyota 2000gt did much of the work. the 2000gt really turned heads and made people realize that the japanese are very capable of creating a sports car that rivals that of the american ones.

yes, the 240z seemed to sell much better, but it wouldnt be where it was without toyota's 2000gt coming first.

with that said, i dont think there will be a high demand for the 240sx. the 240sx is in that awkward pubecent phase of automotive history. just past carbs, but before technology really settled in. if someone wanted a "vintage" japanese car, why would they settle on a 240sx? the R32's, R33's, and R34's would be much more desirable, like they are today. the 240sx is just your common RWD sports coupe.

do you see people collecting foxboy mustangs too?
Nachtmensch is offline   Reply With Quote