View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #2763
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by badass8 View Post
So I have been searching for a good fitment and function for front wheels, for drifting.
I have been looking to upgrade my stock 15's I would like more grip and tire up front and something that looks a little better as well.
My eye is on the xxr 527 I know everyone has these but they are pretty cheap and they don't really look that bad.
The size I was looking at was 17x8.25 +25 I would like the offset at about +10 for these wheels but I have yet to find them.

I am also running this setup at the moment if that makes a difference:
PBM coils
s14 FLCA
s13 modded knuckles
tein inner tie rods
SPL tie rod ends

So my question is how well will these fit and should I change my route for a better front wheel size for drifting?
Sorry for the noobness I am researching as I go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
That sounds like a horrible size.

At least go 9" wide on a 17" rim - at least!

If you're only going 8" wide, then you can do 16x8 rota grid offroad in et+20 or et +10.
With any sort of angle modifications, especially modded knuckles, front wheel sizing is very important. You need maximum inboard clearance to keep from rubbing the tension rods at full lock. I run 17x9 +20 with modded knuckles and they rub badly, this causes the front wheels to slow down and the car to spin. There is one guy running 16x9 -32 that clears but good luck getting that under stock fenders. I would definitely recommend that 17x8.25 you are looking at, with a 25-35mm spacer. I, myself am looking to change to 17x8 in the front and will try and get the offset as low as possible.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote