View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 06:07 PM   #49
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
240boosted has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunermt View Post
I?ve tuned a few sr?s over the years running the mazworx manifold and with a high flowing head there can be some boost creep issues while trying to target low boost with an efficient turbo. With your setup you will likely see the boost creep 3-4psi above 1 bar spring pressure.
As everyone has suggested, test/run the car at wastegate spring (no boost solenoid plumbed in) until you can get boost under control. Then once you know you have a functional wastegate it is easy to plumb the boost solenoid back in and tune accordingly.

These lines/fittings are great but be very very careful of melting the lines. Super easy to heat damage those lines running to the wastegate. Even a small leak in wastage plumbing will prevent the wastegate from opening correctly.
**I just tuned a R34 gtr that melted these lines on the dyno even though they were well insulated there is so much heat they ended up melting together.
On a budget use a quality silicone line, best option AN4 line and no matter what you use be sure to insulate and completely isolate (free floating) not testing on any hit exhaust/engine parts.

Thank you looking at everything again now I hope my parts come this week so
I can test
240boosted is offline   Reply With Quote