View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Here's my gripe: I have always loved X-Men and mutants far more than the Avengers in the comics. But the Avengers movie franchise was executed soooo much better than the X-Men franchise.

I feel like the Avengers movies did a great job of building each character individually and stayed as close to the source material as they could. But the X-Men franchise, though it seemed great when first released, is now fubar'd by comparison. Havoc was an original X-Man, what, 20 or 30 years before his brother Cyclops?! Sabretooth in the first movie and another Sabretooth in the Wolverine origin movie?! Jean killing Scott was the absolute worst. That 3rd X-Men movie was the real nail in the coffin for me. I had hoped that the new Wolverine movie would try to distance itself from that trash, but nope. Mired all up in that shit.

I have no hope that Fox will be able to pull off Days of Future Past with any type of success or endearment comparable to Marvel/Disney's Avengers.

I just wish Fox would either allow the franchise to return to Marvel or let enough time lapse to reboot it from the ground up the right way. But that would mean losing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine though.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote